By: Lilly Joynes | Comments Off on Apply for our Film Festival/Conference Travel Grant | View: 603
The Portland Film Office, in partnership with the Oregon Media Production Association, invites local filmmakers to apply for a conference fee or travel stipend to attend a filmmaking conference or film festival where your film has been accepted.
Five $500 grants will be awarded on a rolling basis between September 2018 and June 2019. Eligible applicants are Portland-based filmmakers who have been based in Portland for at least one year. Filmmakers from communities of color, women, and youth are especially encouraged to apply.
It’s important for filmmakers to have an opportunity to connect with other filmmakers and decision-makers, pitch their ideas, find distributors, develop their knowledge, and showcase their work!
OMPA is committed to advocating for, connecting, and promoting Oregon’s incredible media production talent. By supporting our homegrown filmmakers to pitch their stories, share their films, and make new connections, we are helping promote the great talent and products that comes from our state.
The Portland Film Office is committed to the economic vitality of a Portland-centered production ecosystem and seeks to build the local supply chain and capacity to grow Portland’s film ecosystem. The goal of this program is to encourage Portland filmmakers to market their skills and work to a national/international audience, financers, and distributors.
Who is eligible for this grant?
This stipend is meant to help the filmmaker attend conferences or film festivals outside of Oregon. The stipend award is only for travel expenses or conference fees and only to the more prestigious festivals or conferences around the world.
Do you have:
- Either a compelling project summary to pitch, a knowledge gap you need to fill, or a completed film that’s been accepted to a festival?
- A bio with a sample or reel of previous production work?
- The capability to travel to the festival or conference by June 2019?
- Matching funds to cover additional expenses associated with the festival or conference?
- A current Portland resident and have been a Portland resident for one full year prior to the application deadline?
- Able to pitch your proposal to the Review Committee if requested?
- Women and filmmakers from communities of color are encouraged to apply.
What will you receive if selected?
$500 reimbursement for travel expenses or conference fees
How to apply for a grant:
- Email your application to email@example.com.
- Please include “Filmmaker Conference/Festival Matching Grant” in your email subject line.
- Please include in your application:
- A bio. Tell us about your filmmaking background.
- A summary of what you’re hoping to achieve by visiting the conference or festival.
- Link to previous, completed work including a trailer of your film if submitting for festival travel stipend.
- Basic budget outlining total cost to attend the festival/conference
- Letter of recommendation (optional)
Applications will be judged on the quality of the filmmaker’s work, their filmmaking background, and the potential for the conference or festival to have an impact on their concept, skillset, or film.
Rolling deadline. Applications are open as of September 1, 2018. Applications will be reviewed by a panel of film industry professionals.
Travel to conference must be completed by June 30, 2019. Winners will be notified within 30 days of application submission.
Event Recap: Creatives of Color Collaborative