Resources for Asian-Americans & Pacific Islanders & How Allies can Support AAPI
Since the COVID-19 pandemic began, Asian people of many origins have faced increased racism, violence, and discrimination. As creators, we should be especially offended by this abhorrent trend. Much of this hate has been created and/or driven by incredibly biased and inaccurate media sources. Make sure you take time to examine your own work. Who does it uplift? Who does it vilify? What values does it demonstrate?
Here are a few ways you can show up for our Asian community
Just for AAPI
AANHPI Service Providers by state—mental health and behavioral services for Asian Americans, Native Hawaiians, and Pacific Islanders
Detox Local—An extensive list of mental health and substance use resources specifically for the AAPI (Asian-American & Pacific Islander) community, including youth and LGBTQ+ AAPI.
- Open Signal Local Content Submissions: ongoing
- Hootsuite—The Very Big Social Makeover for Small Business: apply by May 30
- ONAC State-wide Small Business Technical Assistance Program: apply by May 31 for free financial and/or marketing-related services.
- Filmed by Bike BIPOC Filmmaker Grant: apply by June 15
- Eastern Oregon Film Festival: extended deadline June 18
- Chicken & Egg Pictures 2022 (Egg)celerator Lab: deadline June 22
- Micro Grants & free marketing consultation from AnnuityFreedom.net: rolling monthly deadlines
Interrupting Bias: Calling Out vs. Calling In — Use these phrases to stop racism when you see it!