MEDIA ARTS EDUCATION
DEADLINE: Applications Due January 5th
OMPA accepts applications between September 1st and January 5th for the Edward Gustamante Media Arts Education scholarships. Scholarships are awarded to students and educational programs. Funds for the scholarship come from the OMPA Classic golf tournament.
To encourage excellence and creativity in Oregon’s media production industry by providing financial assistance to those expanding their education and/or careers in a media-related field.
Applying for the MAE scholarships
The OMPA Media Arts Education scholarships further opportunities in the following fields: journalism, film, video, audio, photography and multimedia.
Awarded to an individual to apply towards educational costs. Awarded based on quality of academic or professional work, and supporting documents. Open to students at the college-level and above.
1. Open to all college-level and graduate level students actively enrolled in anapproved educational institution in Oregon at time of application submission.
2. Student (both undergrad and graduate level) must demonstrate majoring in coursework in one of the following fields:
a. film and/or video
b. audio/sound production
c. photography (digital or traditional)
d. visual effects
3. Student must be a resident of Oregon.
Scholarship Submission Materials:
1. Cover letter of 1-2 pages stating your name, contact information (address, email and phone number), area of study, academic goals, career goals and explanation of financial need.
2. Brief statement of artistic intent (not to exceed 1 page) – how will you use the scholarship award?
3. Signed letter of recommendation from one or more of your instructors
4. Portfolio submission – DVD or online link to portfolio. Portfolio should represent your best and most current work in your area of interest. Running time for submissions not to exceed 5 minutes. Photography portfolios should contain at least 10 but no more than 20 single images. Test your DVDs before sending them to us!
All submission materials must arrive by end of day on deadline day to the email or physical address on the preceding page.
Please submit by scholarship deadline by email to:
Subject Line: MAE Scholarship
Or, if you wish to submit hard copy instead, send 3 copies of your submission materials by deadline to:
MAE Scholarship Committee
901 SE Oak St. #104
Portland, OR 97214