2021 OMPA Annual Showcase & Awards
January 28 at 5:00 pm – 7:00 pmFree – $10
Come together with the Oregon production community for OMPA’s Annual Showcase & Awards on Thursday, January 28 from 5-7pm. Help us recognize your work, your exceptional peers, and your community that came together to support a thriving and equitable industry.
We’ll also have an informal “after party” on Zoom so you can mingle with new board members, ask questions, and catch up with your peers. (Roughly 6:30-7pm)
This is a rare opportunity to hear from more than a dozen local industry leaders in one night! Conversation participants include:
- Fran Bittakis, Founder/Creative Director/Producer/Activist, JOOP JOOP
- Annie Tonsiengsom, Founder & Executive Producer, Actual Industries
- Roland Gauthier, Co-Founder & Executive Producer, Hinge
- Patty Brebner, Executive Producer, JOINT/W+K Studios, Wieden+Kennedy
- Noah Stanik, Executive Producer, Global Brand Creative, Nike
- cdavid cottrill, Business Agent, IATSE Local 488; Prop Master
- Nisha Burton, CMO & Co-Founder, Reflective Brands; Design Reality
- Jason Chau, Commercial Video & Photo Producer
- Melanie Coombs, Line Producer/Production Supervisor, ShadowMachine/Wooden Boy Productions
- Dawn Jones Redstone, Writer/Director, Hearts+Sparks Productions
- Devin Fei-Fan Tau, Director, No Sunrise Wasted
- Meara McLaughlin, Executive Director, MusicPortland
- Katie O’Grady, Actor/Director/Founder, The Studio Northwest, Acting For Kids & Teens
- Tim Williams, Executive Director, Oregon Film
- Adolfo Cantú-Villarreal, Director & Cinematographer, TZOM Films
- Alex Thiesen, Executive Producer, Refuge
We hope you can join us for a reflective and inspiring evening, commemorating a year we can all be proud to have made it through.
Meet Our Sponsors
As a local rental house, Pacific Grip & Lighting can recommend the right person for your job. Feature films, commercials, still photography, and pro bono. They have the equipment, and they know the crew! Anything traditional to oddly obscure—if they don’t have it, they know where to get it.
Comcast brings together engineers, designers, creators, storytellers, and entrepreneurs who are shaping the future of media and technology. They reimagine industries, reinvent technologies, and build the networks that bring people closer to the moments that matter most.
Koerner Camera Systems is the largest digital cinema rental house in the Pacific Northwest. From top-of-the-line cameras and premium sound equipment, down to expendables—they carry it all. Plus, a staff of experts to help you get the perfect shot. Locations in Portland and Seattle.
Digital One offers award-winning sound design, plus a plethora of other audio services. They’re known for putting together strong teams, valuing relationships, and making the magic happen every time. Their facility is state-of-the-art, and the remote collaboration set up is bar-none.