OMPA seeks Communications Manager
The Oregon Media Production Association (OMPA) is a 35 year old non-profit serving film & media professionals across the state of Oregon, working together to ensure our industry thrives. We are the voice, resource and community of the Oregon industry. Not every state has a resource like the OMPA. Since we do, the industry is strong and we’re constantly working to keep it that way. Can you help?
The Communications Manager at the Oregon Media Production Association (OMPA) serves in a blended role that includes communications and marketing as well as membership management and administrative functions. The Communications Manager manages all communications including website, social media, email marketing and collateral to ensure OMPA is the primary source of information within the diverse media production industry. Additionally, this team member manages the systems that keep the organization running smoothly, coordinates events throughout the year and supports the Executive Director and projects of the Board of Directors. This is a great opportunity for someone who is a self starter, enjoys wearing multiple hats and wants to be an integral part of a small team at a fast-paced, well-respected organization.
- Coordinate development and manage production of all marketing collateral and membership communications including weekly newsletters and jobs emails, promotional materials and original video content
- Maintain website ensuring new and consistent information is posted regularly
- Develop content for and manage all social media accounts including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube & LinkedIn
- Measure communications’ effectiveness through qualitative and quantitative methods
- Support production of the SourceOregon annual directory publication
- Support efforts to cultivate, solicit and steward OMPA’s membership
- Manage internal systems including the membership database, directory database and merchant systems.
- Coordinate events including the Annual Meeting and monthly Media Mixers
- Generate and oversee fulfillment of sponsor contracts
- Represent OMPA at film festivals and other member related events as necessary
- Support initiatives led by Board of Directors
- Assist the Executive Director as needed
- Manage interns and volunteers as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or video Production
- 2+ years relevant professional experience
- Active on social media including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Strong written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and ensures accuracy in all communications deliverables
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate clearly and professionally both in writing and verbally
- Positive attitude and solution-oriented approach to work is a must
- Self-starter with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of production is a plus but not required
About the Oregon Media Production Association
We believe that we are stronger when we work together. As the statewide trade association for media professionals, we support the community through information sharing and education, foster business through connecting professionals and advocating for production-friendly policies, and serve as the resource for this talented, creative, thriving community.
OMPA is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply for this position.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
OMPA Interviews Producer Darren Demetre